- NordVPN10 / 10Exceptional
- High Level of Security
- No-logs Policy
- Over 5000 servers in 60 countries
- Supports up to Six Devices
- Double VPN
- P2P Support
Coupon codes are not applicableNordVPN review
- CyberGhost9 / 10Excellent
- AES-256 encryption
- Supports OpenVPN and WireGuard protocols
- Ad and Malware Blocker
- Up to 7 concurrent devices
- 9100 servers across 91 countries
- 24/7 Customer Service
- 45-Day Money-Back Guarantee
Coupon codes are not applicableCyberGhost review
- Surfshark9 / 10Excellent
- Wide Range of Payment Options
- Strong Security Protocols
- High Device Limit
- Competitive Pricing
- Independent Security Audits
Coupon codes are not applicableSurfshark review
In the competitive world of "Call of Duty: Warzone," players are constantly seeking strategies to enhance their gaming experience and improve their in-game performance. A notable trend has emerged where players use Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) to connect to what are known as "bot lobbies," effectively bypassing the game's Skill-based Matchmaking (SBMM) system.
For those unfamiliar, a VPN is a tool that encrypts your internet connection and routes it through a server in a location of your choice. This process masks your actual IP address and can make it appear as though you are playing from a different geographic location. In the context of "Warzone," using a VPN to change your location can impact whom you are matched with in the game.
"Warzone" employs an SBMM system, which aims to pair players with others of similar skill levels. While this ensures fair and competitive matches, it can sometimes result in challenging and intense gameplay, particularly for experienced players. By connecting to a VPN and selecting a server in a region with potentially less experienced players or fewer participants, you can enter what are known as bot lobbies. These lobbies are typically filled with newer, less skilled players or AI-controlled bots, making the game less challenging and allowing for easier progression and more enjoyable play for some.
This strategy of using VPNs to join bot lobbies has become a clever workaround for players looking to enjoy a more relaxed gaming session or to level up more efficiently in "Warzone." However, it's essential to understand the mechanics and implications of using a VPN in gaming, especially for those new to this technology.
Guide on Using VPN to Bypass SBMM and Join Bot Lobbies in 'Call of Duty: Warzone'
The process of using a VPN to bypass Skill-based Matchmaking (SBMM) and join bot lobbies in "Call of Duty: Warzone" involves a few key steps:
- Understanding VPNs: Before diving into the process, it's crucial to understand what a VPN is. A Virtual Private Network (VPN) is a service that encrypts your internet traffic and routes it through a server in a location of your choice. This effectively masks your real IP address and can trick online services, like game servers, into thinking you're accessing them from a different location.
- Selecting a VPN Service: The first step is to choose a suitable VPN service. For gaming, particularly in a fast-paced game like "Warzone," you need a VPN with high-speed connections and a wide range of server locations. Reliable VPNs like ExpressVPN or NordVPN are popular choices due to their speed, server options, and robust security features.
- Installing the VPN: After selecting a VPN, you'll need to download and install its application on the device you use for gaming. Most VPN providers offer apps for various platforms, including PCs, consoles, and mobile devices.
- Choosing the Right Server Location: The key to bypassing SBMM using a VPN is to connect to a server in a region that is likely to have less competitive lobbies, often referred to as bot lobbies. These are typically areas with fewer "Warzone" players or regions with a larger proportion of casual or less skilled players. Players often experiment with different regions to find the most suitable lobbies.
- Connecting to the Game: Once connected to the VPN server in the desired location, launch "Call of Duty: Warzone." The game's matchmaking system should now consider your new virtual location when finding a match, increasing the likelihood of placing you in a bot lobby.
- Evaluating the Experience: It’s important to assess the gaming experience after joining a new lobby. Check for any changes in ping and latency, as these can affect gameplay quality. High ping might lead to lag, so finding a balance between easier lobbies and acceptable game performance is crucial.
- Adhering to Fair Play: While using a VPN to join bot lobbies can be an effective strategy for a more relaxed gameplay experience, it's important to be mindful of fair play principles. Consistently exploiting this method might affect the overall game balance and the experience of other players.
By following these steps, players can use a VPN to potentially bypass SBMM in "Warzone," leading to matches against less skilled opponents or bots, which could offer a more relaxed and enjoyable gaming experience. However, it's always recommended to use such strategies responsibly and consider their impact on the broader gaming community.
Optimal Regions for Accessing Bot Lobbies in 'Call of Duty: Warzone'
Finding bot lobbies in "Call of Duty: Warzone" can be a matter of timing and location, although there's no foolproof method. Here are some strategies that players have found effective:
Playing During Off-Peak Hours: One successful approach involves connecting to servers in countries where it's currently nighttime. The logic behind this is simple: fewer players are online during these hours, which might lead to a mismatch in skill levels. This increases the chances of higher-ranked players being matched with lower-ranked ones or even bots, due to the reduced player pool.
Selecting Specific Geographic Regions: Another strategy is to target specific regions known for having a higher likelihood of bot lobbies. Players have reported success when connecting to servers in North Africa, Turkey, and various Middle Eastern countries. These areas are perceived to have a different player demographic, potentially leading to less competitive lobbies.
Experimentation and Flexibility: It's important to note that the effectiveness of these strategies can vary, and what works for one player may not work for another. Experimentation is key. Players should be prepared to try different server locations and play at various times to discover what yields the best results for them.
By strategically choosing server locations and playing times, "Warzone" players can increase their chances of entering bot lobbies, leading to potentially easier and more enjoyable gaming sessions. However, it's essential to remember that matchmaking can be unpredictable, and these methods are not guaranteed to work consistently.
How we picked the best VPN for Call of Duty Warzone
When evaluating the different VPN services and their suitability for "Call of Duty: Warzone," we assessed them based on the following criteria:
Extensive Server Network: A prime VPN for "Warzone" should have a vast array of optimized servers, spreading across a broad geographical scope. This aspect is crucial as it allows players to access the game from numerous locations, increasing the likelihood of finding server locations with fewer players.
Low Latency and Ping Times: The ideal VPN should provide fast connections with minimal ping and latency, which are vital for uninterrupted and lag-free multiplayer gaming. These VPNs are particularly beneficial in circumventing ISP throttling, thereby restoring or enhancing internet speed.
Robust Security and Privacy Features: For a game like "Call of Duty: Warzone," the VPN must ensure the security of online traffic and connections using robust AES-256-bit encryption. This level of security is essential to keep hackers and other potential intruders at bay. Key features include a kill switch, leak protection, private DNS, DDoS protection, and a commitment to a no-logs policy.
Multi-Platform Compatibility: The VPN should be universally compatible with all platforms that support "Warzone," including routers. It should also support several simultaneous connections, catering to a variety of user needs.
Expert Customer Support: The value of a VPN is significantly enhanced by effective customer support. Important elements include 24/7 live chat, email support, and a comprehensive knowledge base, all of which contribute to a better user experience for "Warzone" players.
Why you should avoid a Free VPN service for playing competitive games like CoD Warzone online
Limited Server Network: Free VPNs typically have a smaller network, which may not offer servers in locations with a higher number of bot lobbies. This limitation can restrict players' ability to find less competitive matches.
Overcrowded Servers and Limited Bandwidth: The smaller network of free VPNs often results in overcrowded servers. Coupled with limited bandwidth, this leads to slow server speeds, which is detrimental in gaming where every millisecond counts, especially when connected to a distant server.
High Ping and Latency: Free VPNs often result in higher ping and latency, causing significant in-game delays and a poor gaming experience, which can be particularly problematic in a fast-paced game like "Warzone."
Weaker Security and Lack of Essential Features: Free VPNs typically offer weaker security and lack important features such as a kill switch, leak protection, and DDoS protection, putting users at risk of data breaches and cyber attacks.
Data Privacy Concerns: Free VPNs often do not adhere to a strict no-logs policy and are known to sell user data to third parties to cover operational costs.
Limited Compatibility and Customer Support: These VPNs often do not support simultaneous connections, have inadequate customer support, and may not be compatible with all "Warzone" platforms.